Monday, June 25, 2007

trophy

I walk this room
in a thought built for two
but I've won
and I'm one
this isn't my tomb
it's my trophy

I followed you for nothing
now I'll adore you for the road
I cross my oceans carefully

and I will rise to meet the emptiness
like I crawled to meet your step
dying flowers in an empty pool
saying "commune, commune,
come on, commune with what is still alive in you."

it's hard to say goodnight
to your favorite lullaby
but you weep
and then you sleep
it isn't just darkness
in the space by your side

so don't pretend that you love him
if you only love his smile
and don't pretend that he loves you
if he only loves your sacrifice

I'm walking forward now
through this unravelled town
the roadsigns are butterflies
just look around you now
just look around you now
just look around you now

No comments: