Monday, June 25, 2007

top 40 love story

the radio stations won't leave me alone
so I sit in silence the whole ride home
wings folded up, smashed into my pocket
I bite my tongue

and it's ok to say you're sorry
if that helps you walk away
and I'll forgive and never keep you
I think understanding comes in waves
sometimes I'm ok

but empathy and anger drive a fist into my stomach with every word
yeah, I'll let you take what you need
and I won't cry until you leave
try to keep breathing through the tears
and not let it break me that you chose fear
you chose fear

cause it's another top forty love story
a fast-paced disaster movie
I'm just a folk singer loving on my feet
my songs are mostly sad
by the time I find a chorus
there's nothing to repeat

I'm just another top forty love story
a fast paced disaster movie
and I'm still learning to love on my feet
and trust what I believe

I'm gonna learn how to walk again
I'm gonna learn how to talk again
I'm gonna learn how to sing myself to sleep again

hey, love - I think it's alright
hey, love - I think it's alright
I think it's alright
I think it's alright

cause I still believe in this
you, or someone else
I still believe in this
I still believe in this
and I think it's alright

No comments: