Monday, June 25, 2007

Lieden

we are two teardrops between the sheets
this is as far as I can see
I am the rain your brother told you fell on Leiden
you are the thing that I decided

there is a man making a movie in my closet
I called you up because I wanted you to watch it
but neither one of us believes the ending
so we hit rewind before beginning

you would never believe, if I told you now
all the rooms that I have lied in
I wanted morning after melody
a blooming sort of sadder canopy
if you chew those leaves long enough,
will they turn right back into sun?
you were writing bibles while I
I was sleeping in the mud
some come on, teach me how to love you
with my faith all bound and gagged
I bring you fallen apples
dipped in paper bags
I steal the dying leaves out of your yard
We never seem to get that far away
from the things we gave away
when I got on that plane

Now I am dodging boats and bicycles downtown
I will follow your pictures til they drown
down 88 beautiful canals
88 beautiful canals

No comments: