Monday, June 25, 2007

late for October

billowing clouds
shadows and undertoe
gardens and graveyards
float just out of sight

bury me now
or I'm scared that I'll never bloom
your life is an empty room
I'm gonna be leaving soon

why do we believe
that love can be anything
unless we love everything?
what will we gain
if I tie my hand to yours
close my eyes slowly or
pretend we're the same?

but I'm dragging my feet in the summer wind
cause I really just didn't want August to end
and I'm late for October again

the dampness of spring
or the space left by falling leaves
the difference is everything
the choices are mine
what will we gain
if I bind my life to yours,
close my eyes slowly
and believe we're the same?
what will we gain?

the seasons change
a single flame
is burning through
another year

I'm late for October again

No comments: