Monday, June 25, 2007

taxi song

road-trippin' in the afternoon
I'd take the route above the clouds
but then I'd get there too soon
you can take the backseat if there's room
last hitchhiker left his silver spoon
on that seat, so let's go eat -
and make some use of it.

cause now I'm back in the city
and your bags are packed to go
I'm living easy in the sun
took my scissors to your G.I. Joes
turn up the volume -
they're screwing ALICE on the radio

well, every hit somebody's going down
slide clean and empty handed through the boys downtown
stick to smashing the lightbulbs in my hands
on your chest for now

hey, taxi man - where you wanna go?
I got some consolation blue jeans
and some cash to blow
so where you wanna go?

now I'm smiling at another boy
a pretty little balanced joy
another me, another you, another world, another way
to learn to walk with my eyes open in the sun
another way to learn to love everything I've done so far
I've got a love two cities wide
two to drain the water from my eyes
one to wipe them dry
three rip-tides in a perfect life

hey, taxi man - where you wanna go?
I'll sing you through the wasteland on your dashboard
I'll tell you all I know
so where you wanna go?

hey, taxi man - where am I gonna go?
I got a lot of pretty songs about assholes
and not much else to show
so where'm I gonna go?
where am I gonna go?

No comments: