Monday, June 25, 2007

grass rollin' blues, part 5

do you know where to find the honeysuckle in this city? on this urban plain? would you tell your friends? as the season ends? as the summer begins?
I guess I was hoping for a drop by drop solution (I was hoping for a velvet revolution) I was hoping for an open stage and a little faith and a field of sand to write my name a thousand times before the tide could override my flowerchildhood rhythm (my flowerchildhood rhythm, my flowerchildhood rhythm)

do you know what is mine when you trip across your pretty? when you forget to name the reason that you’re standing here? (as the season ends, as the rain begins) guess I was hoping for a way to leave the light on (I was hoping for a cleaner field to fight on) I was hoping for a broken cage, something to say, or another way to write the song you won’t forgive, to keep my body and my will to live out of the hands of liars, thieves and fuck-ups (liars, thieves and fuck-ups, liars, thieves and fuck-ups)

cause I know why you’re calling me
and you know why I’m stalling
we don’t need to keep at it
I don’t need to sleep on it
I just need to go

did you spend your childhood scared of alligators, sharks and little girls? does it help to watch me running zigzag patterns through your world?
I know you were hoping for a place to lay your head down (I was hoping I’d be brave enough to stick around) but the last thing that I need is a mouth to feed when I can’t even keep my prairie open to the rain, you’d love to pour across my plains until my cup was spilling over (until my cup was spilling over, until my cup was spilling over)

cause I know what you’d do for me
but you know this is honestly
the only way I know to keep at it
is to sleep without it
is to go

do you know where to find the honeysuckle in this city?
would you tell your friends?

No comments: